Pixie Cup Discs are a reusable silicone menstrual disc that collects fluids safely and securely. Rather than sitting in your vaginal canal like a Pixie Cup, Pixie Disc sits at the base of your cervix comfortably with no odor or leaks. Easy removal and leak-free periods means no period blood stains!
You can wear Pixie Discs for up to 12 consecutive hours and can use it for up to 10 years. When it’s full, simply empty your disc, wash it, and reinsert.
- Say Goodbye to Period Blood Stains. Tired of scrubbing your favorite underwear? Pixie Reusable Menstrual Discs comfortably hug your cervix and are held in place by your pubic bone, preventing any leakage.
- Better for an IUD. Expoltion rate for menstrual cups while using an IUD is 14% while with a disc is only 4%!
- Easy to Insert and Remove. With a soft disc portion that molds to your body and a springy firm rim that bends seamlessly, you’ll be able to insert Pixie Soft Disc with ease. Plus our unique silicone stem with a grip tip ensures removal is hassle-free.
- 12 Hour Comfort. Pixie Disc is made out of reusable, extra soft medical-grade silicone without latex, BPA, phthalates, dyes, or chemicals. Our disc’s high capacity holds the equivalent of 3-6 tampons, meaning longer wear time without the risk of TSS, odor, or leaks. Its natural seal at the base of your cervix eliminates suction and pressure, creating a no-feel fit. Collects vs. absorbs blood, reducing dryness and cramps. FDA approved/registered.
- Mess Free Period Sex. Pixie Disc’s flat fit design doesn’t block your vaginal canal, allowing you to maintain intimacy on your period without the mess. Whether exercising or sleeping, you can live worry-free with no leaks.
- We’ve Got Your Back. We’re here to help you make the switch to a sustainable period by giving you our worry-free, 100% happiness guarantee. If for any reason your Pixie Disc doesn’t end up working out for you, just contact us for a full refund, even if it’s months later.
Please note: Our website ships to the contiguous US only. To purchase Pixie Cup products elsewhere, please visit Amazon. Can’t find us in your country? Please let us know!
Pixie Disc Regular
- Light to heavy flow
- Capacity: 35ml
- Rim circumference: 72mm
- Stem Length: 56.5mm
- Removable Stem
- Works for High or Low Cervix
If you have a heavier flow or more familiar with inserting menstrual products this might be the better option for you.
Pixie Disc Small
- Light to medium flow
- Capacity: 18ml
- Rim circumference: 55mm
- Stem Length: 40mm
- Removable Stem
- Works for High or Low Cervix
If you have had pain with inserting menstrual products, such as other discs, cups, or even tampons, this might be a better option for you.
Our menstrual discs are designed to hug your cervix, by resting in your vaginal fornix and tucking behind your pubic bone. This is ideal for someone with a low cervix, as there is nothing actually in the vaginal canal that could poke out or cause discomfort. No more having to worry about what menstrual cup will work for you!
How to insert a menstrual disc:
Wash your hands, friend!
Use your thumb and pointer finger to squeeze the rim of Pixie Disc so it looks more like a figure eight.
You’re going to want to position yourself so your cervix is easy to reach. This is best achieved by sitting on a toilet, one leg up on the shower ledge, or in a squatting position. Use your pointer finger to insert the rim of the disc and push as far back as is comfortable. Angle the disc back and down so the rim of the disc tucks around the backside of your cervix.
Move your finger to the front rim and push up, tucking the rim behind your pubic bone. This will secure the Pixie Disc and catch your flow.
How to remove a menstrual disc:
You can wear Pixie Disc for up to 12 hours. We recommend that you empty your disc no less than 2 times per 24 hour period. You might need to empty more frequently on your heavy flow days.
Make sure you wash your hands and sit over the toilet. (hint: a lot of us like taking it out in the shower!)
Relax your body, and remember Pixie Disc is the only period disc on the market with a removal pull-string! Feel around for the thin silicone string and gently pull. You should feel the disc dislodge.
If you have cut off your string, insert your finger and hook it behind the front rim of the disc.
Pour your menstrual fluid into the toilet, wash your cup thoroughly with Pixie Wash, and reinsert. If it’s not possible for you to wash your disc (like you’re in a public restroom or camping) you may reinsert as long as your hands are clean. We recommend not going more than 24 hours without actually washing your disc, though. This will keep bacteria, odor, and staining at bay.
Troubleshooting a stuck disc:
First off, relax. If you’re tense, your vaginal muscles will be tense and will make the process difficult. We love the term ‘Flabby Face, Flabby Fanny’ from @thenakeddula on Instagram. Meaning, if you purposely relax your jaw and face, your pelvic region will respond in a relaxed state as well.
It’s natural to have a learning curve when adjusting to your Pixie Disc.
If you find that you cannot find the pull string or the rim that you tucked behind your pubic bone, try squatting, as this will bring your cervix closer to your reach.
Pixie Disc comes with a silicone pull string! We totally understand that using a disc might be a new experience for you, and we wanted to make it as stress-free as possible.
You can cut off and remove this string if you find it bothers you, similar to trimming a stem on a menstrual cup. We recommend leaving the string attached until you have mastered removing your Pixie Disc by the rim.
We’re confident that you’re going to absolutely love your Pixie Disc, and we’re so excited you're interested in making a switch to a mess-free, life-changing period! All of our products come with a 100% Happiness Guarantee, which means we are here on the journey with you every step of the way.