Frequently bought together
This kit is amazing. It literally has everything you need to start on your menstrual disc journey, and then some!
Learn More About Pixie Disc Kit
Meet the new & improved Pixie Discs with a softer rim and a reinforced stem for a no-hassle, less-messy removal.
Ditch tampons and pads for good with this first-ever menstrual disc kit.
Our updated Pixie Discs included in this kit have a stronger removal stem making removal simpler and less messy.
Here’s what else you'll get:
- Our silky smooth, water-based, hypoallergenic and fragrance-free Pixie Cup Lube, which makes inserting your Pixie Disc a breeze!
- Our Pixie Cup Wash, which is almost too-good-to-be-true in a 100% all-natural, pH BALANCED, plant-based, preservative-free, and made from organically sourced ingredients kind of way!
- Our Pixie Cup Wipes in a bag, which are disinfecting and perfect for traveling.
- A Pixie Cup Carry Cup… that’s right, it’s a cup for your cup! You can use the Pixie Cup Carry Cup for cleaning with hot water, a quick rinse with cold water (helpful in a public restroom) for discreet storage, or all of the above!
All of this is stored in our cute zipper storage for bag easy-to-grab, on-the-go period care.
- Pixie Discs are made of medical-grade silicone and are free of BPA, PFAs, latex and dioxins. Pixie Discs hold fluid, but do not absorb like a tampon, virtually eliminating the risk of TSS.
- Pixie Discs hold 3-5 tampons worth of fluid and can be safely worn for up to 12 hours. If taken care of properly, a Pixie Disc will last up to 10 years - keeping money in your pocket and unnecessary plastic out of landfills.
- 100% Happiness Promise. We are so confident that you’ll love our products that if for some reason you aren’t totally satisfied, we will make it right. Either a full refund or a replacement product.
Pixie Disc Kit Features
Two SizesTake the guesswork out of starting your menstrual disc journey.
No-Mess Period SexNeed we say more!
StemPixie Disc is the only disc on the market designed with a stem to make removal simple.
Long-LastingOur Discs are made from medical-grade silicone and last for 10 years.
Decided to give this Pixie Disc thing a try and I will never look back! The perfect beginner set.
Why to buy Pixie Disc Kit
"Ditch tampons and pads for good with this first-ever menstrual Disc Kit. Take the guesswork out of sizing with the two discs in this kit, as well as everything you need to care for you and your discs while on your period. Our updated Pixie Discs included in this kit have a stronger removal stem making removal simpler and less messy. "
The Pixie Disc Kit includes :
- Small + Large Pixie Disc
- Pixie Travel Lube for easy insertion
- Pixie Gel Wash, perfect for you and your cup
- Pixie Wipes for easy cleansing on the go
- Carry Cup to discreet clean your cup in public
- 1 sachet of our menstrual cup stain remover
All of these are stored in our mesh zipper bag for easy transportation.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Pixie Disc Large & Small
- Pixie Carry Cup
- Pixie Gel Wash
- Pixie Lube
- Pixie Wipes Pack
- Sample of Pixie Dust
Relax. Make sure to relax your body. Being tense makes your body tighten up, making insertion more difficult.
Pinch. Pinch Pixie Disc to form a figure eight.
Insert. You will want to position yourself so that your cervix is easy to reach. This is best achieved by either sitting on a toilet, placing one leg on the shower ledge, or squatting. Use your pointer finger to insert the rim of the disc and push as far back as is comfortable. Angle the disc back and down, so the rim of the disc tucks behind and scoops around the backside of your cervix.
Tuck. Move your finger to the front rim, and push up, tucking the rim behind your pubic bone. This will ensure that the Pixie Disc is securely in place to catch your flow.
Relax. Relax your body, and remember that the Pixie Disc is the only period disc on the market with a removal pull-string! Feel around for the thin silicone string and gently pull. You should feel the disc dislodge. If you have cut off your string, insert your finger and hook it behind the front rim of the disc.
Dump and wash. Pour your menstrual fluid into the toilet, wash your disc thoroughly with Pixie Wash, and reinsert. If you’re in a place where it’s not possible to wash your disc, such as a public restroom or camping, you may reinsert it as long as your hands are clean. We recommend not going more than 24 hours without washing your disc. This will keep bacteria, odor, and staining at bay.
Sterilize. Before and after your cycle, be sure to sterilize by either boiling your disc on the stove, in a microwave-safe container with water, or with the Pixie Cup Steamer.
Cleanse. Be sure to wash your disc before reinserting it each time. The same goes for your hands! Pixie Wash is the perfect pH-balanced wash that is perfect for your body and your disc.
Pixie Gel Wash:
- Distilled water
- Soap nuts extract: a cleansing agent that is antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory
- Coco-glucoside: a natural cleansing agent derived from coconut sugar
- Honeysuckle extract: antibacterial, plant-based preservative
- Khu-seng extract: anti-inflammatory and anti-irritation
- Amur cork tree extract: conditions the skin and is anti-inflammatory
- Food-grade sodium chloride: softens and boosts cleaning performance
- Corn extract: purifies and soothes
- Lactic acid: natural preservative
- Rice bran extract: cleanses, softens, and moisturizes skin
- Olive oil: provides vitamin E and softening properties
- Menthol: cooling and refreshing agent
- Citrus extract: adds a refreshing scent
- Xanthan Gum: a thickening agent
- Plant Cellulose- a thickener.
- Purified Water
- Fructus Forsythiae- plant-based preservative.
- Zanthoxylum Bungeanum Fruit Extract- antibacterial and anti-inflammatory.
Pixie Wipes are 99.8% water wipes made from naturally derived fibers (viscose rayon) and purified water. We use pure water wipes because of the delicate nature of the wipes.
The other 0.2% of ingredients include:
- Capryl/Caprylic Glucoside
- Octyl Hydroxamic Acid
- Sodium Laurylglucosides Hydroxypropylsulfonate
- Sodium Citrate
The disc is held in place by the pubic bone, right below the cervix, directly and securely collecting your blood. It will rest at a slight diagonal angle inside the body.
Absolutely! These are ideal for those with a short cervix since they directly hug the cervix. However, you may want to trim the stem off. The stem makes these amazing for those with a high cervix but won’t be necessary for a very low cervix.
Use a finger to find the rim, then “hook” your finger under the rim and pull down horizontally (sort of like pulling out a drawer). Keep the disc parallel to the floor to avoid emptying before you’re ready.
Is it self-emptying?
Yes, the Pixie Disc is self-emptying when using the bathroom because your pelvic floor muscles relax. However, this feature tends to work for some and not for others. It depends on the person.
Here’s a video for more info!
Absolutely! The stem design makes this much easier since you won’t have to reach the disc cup body to remove.
Yes, the Pixie Disc can be used with a tilted cervix since it directly hugs the cervix. The insertion process may be harder to master, but you will not regret it once you have it down.
Check out this video for more help!
Absolutely! You will want to trim the stem off first.
Yes! The Pixie Disc Kit is eligible for HSA or FSA.
No, no suction is used to keep the disc in place. Unlike a menstrual cup which uses suction to seal in your vaginal canal, the Pixie Disc is held in place by your pubic bone.
IUD users with a low cervix can still use menstrual discs. You may even find them easier to insert and remove. Ensure your disc stays tucked behind your pubic bone during use, and be gentle when pulling it out.